ENVIRONMENTAL AND OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY
In order to reduce the impact of production on the environment and create a safe and healthy environment throughout the company to prevent accidents and incidents at work, occupational safety and health disorders and occupational diseases, the management of AB Akmenės cementas undertakes:
- To carry out its activities in accordance with the applicable laws, regulations and other requirements for the protection of the environment and the safety and health of workers.
- It is possible to reduce the impact of production on the environment and the safety and health of workers, to create a safe and healthy environment by modernizing equipment, introducing new technologies, the least dangerous and environmentally friendly working methods.
- The rational use and conserve non-renewable natural resources, energy and human resources.
- Participate in cleaner production and waste disposal projects.
- Carry out risk assessments and apply management measures to prevent injuries, illnesses, emergencies and pollution.
- Continuously improve the qualification of employees and deepen their knowledge in the field of environmental protection, occupational safety and health.
- To acquaint the public, customers, contractors and all employees of the company with the environmental protection and occupational safety and health policy.
- Supervise the environmental management system, continuously improve it and improve its efficiency.
- Develop, plan and implement an occupational safety and health management system, evaluate its effectiveness and take action to improve it, with the participation and consultation of workers or their representatives.