INTEGRATED MANAGEMENT SYSTEM POLICY
The company recognizes and applies the values accepted by the SCHWENK group: responsibility, honesty, trust and mutual support.
VISION – Sustainable building solutions for generations to come
MISSION – Combining excellent people with innovative technology, developing net-zero CO2 products and processes with our partners.
In order to create and continuously improve the safe and healthy working environment, reduce the impact of production on the environment and maintain high product quality, the management of Akmenės Cementas AB undertakes:
1. Conduct business in compliance with applicable legislation, standards and other requirements guaranteeing product quality, environmental protection and occupational health and safety.
2. Reduce the potential impact of production on workers’ health and safety and create safe and healthy working conditions by modernising facilities, introducing new technologies and least-hazardous working methods.
3. Guarantee high quality products, systematically analyse the needs and expectations of the market, customers and interested parties, develop and maintain long-term relationships with customers.
4. Implement modern pollution reduction and prevention measures as well as cleaner production technologies in operations and production processes.
5. Focus on the environmental sustainability enforced by the rational use and saving of non-renewable natural resources, energy and human resources.
6. Reduce the CO2 footprint by using alternative fuels, saving energy and promoting greenhouse gas (GHG) reduction projects and environmentally friendly measures.
7. Carry out risk assessment and apply management measures to avoid injuries, illnesses, emergency situations and ensure the prevention of waste generation and pollution.
8. Develop the qualifications of employees and deepen their knowledge constantly.
9. Share the Integrated Management System policy with the company’s employees, customers, contractors and the public.
10. Maintain and improve the integrated quality, environmental and occupational health and safety management system on a regular basis, with the participation and consultation of employees or their representatives, in order to ensure its permanent effectiveness in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001.