ENVIRONMENTAL AND OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY
In order not to disturb nature and have clean air, water and soil, to create safe and healthy surroundings in company, to avoid accidents and incidents at work, occupational health and safety troubles and ill health, the management of Akmenės Cementas AB undertakes as follows:
- To perform any activity pursuant to all legal environmental and occupational health and safety requirements.
- To reduce production influence upon the environment and occupational health and safety and to create safe and healthy surrounding as much as possible making equipment more modern, implementing new technologies and applying least harmful and environmentally efficient work methods
- To make the most efficient use of natural, energy and human resources
- To participate in projects of cleaner production and waste utilisation.
- To carry out risk assessment and prevention of injuries, illnesses, emergency situations and pollution.
- Continually enhance environmental, occupational health and safety awareness and qualification of the employees.
- To introduce the community and personnel of the company about environmental and occupational health and safety policy.
- To maintain environmental and occupational health and safety management systems, continually improving its performance.