All cement types produced by Akmenės cementas AB are given EC conformity certificates: i.e. they have been given a right for CE marking. CE marking certifies that Lithuanian cement meets basic requirements of harmonized standard LST EN 197-1. Conformity of cement produced for Lithuanian market to requirements of Lithuanian laws is proven by SPSC certificates of conformity.
Long enough experience in management of certified quality (the first certificate based on LST EN ISO 9002:1995 standard was given on the 27th of August, 1999) allows to ensure cement conformity with standard requirements as well as to meet customer’s needs and expectations.
Certificate given on the 15th of February, 2017 by Swedish National Testing and Research Institute SP proved that quality management system of the company meets requirements of LST EN ISO 9001:2015 with respect to production, packing and sales of cement.
CEMENT TESTING LAB
An independent Cement Testing Lab is functioning in the company. On 28th May, 1998 Lithuanian National Accreditation Bureau accredited this laboratory. The laboratory performs the cement physical, mechanical, and chemical production testing not only for the internal client, but also for outside customers. Parameters of solid and alternative fuel are being determined in this laboratory. Accreditation scope of cement testing labaratory could be found here.
Cement Testing Lab certifies full testing impartiality and confidentiality. Employees of high qualification work in the Lab. Long-year employees’ experience, constant improvement of professional skill, competence, which is confirmed by the successful participation in international campaigns, and great number of daily performed tests are very important quality indicator of laboratory activity.
Authority of Lab undertakes:
- To maintain good professional practice, to provide customers only with testing services of high quality.
- To provide testing services that meet customer’s requirements, to apply to the customer acceptable methods and seek for customer’s reversibility
- To maintain the management system in the appropriate level and ensure the reliability of test results
- To ensure that employees are familiar with the documents of management systems, aware the importance and relevance of their activities and implement policies and procedures of the laboratory and company in their work
- To meet the requirements of LST EN ISO/IEC 17025 and to improve the efficiency of management system